Landscapes in between : environmental change in modern Italian literature and film
- Landscapes in between : environmental change in modern Italian literature and film / Monica Seger
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 
- viii, 196 pages ; 24 cm
- (Toronto Italian studies)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 173-187) and index
- ISBN 9781442649194
- 듀이십진분류법-> 850.936
- Italian literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism Italian literature -- 21st century -- History and criticism Motion pictures -- Italy -- History Landscapes in literature Landscapes in motion pictures Ecology in literature Ecology in motion pictures
Acknowledgments = vii
1 Introduction : Exploring the Interstice = 3
2 Economic Expansion, Environmental Awareness in the Early Works of Italo Calvino = 24
3 Pier Paolo Pasolini : Boundaries and Mergers in (Ex)Urban Film = 50
4 Observation and Acknowledgment in Gianni Celati's Verso la foce = 70
5 Simona Vinci : Provincial Dwellings, Natural Beings = 94
6 Daniele Ciprì and Franco Maresco : On Horizons and the Human = 122
Afterword = 139
Notes = 141
Bibliography = 173
index = 189
Paolo Pasolini, Gianni Celati, Simona Vinci, and the duo Daniele Ciprì and Franco Maresco – who turn to these spaces as productive models for coming to terms with the modified natural environment. Considering the ways in which sixty years’ worth of Italian literary and cinematic representations engage in the ongoing dialogue between nature and culture, Monica Seger contributes to the transnational expansion of environmental humanities. Her book also introduces an ecocritical framework to Italian studies in English. Rejecting a stark dichotomy between human construction and unspoilt nature, Landscapes in Between will be of interest to all those studying the fraught relationship between humanity and environment.
바구니 담기가 완료 되었습니다.
‘바구니’로 이동 하시겠습니까?